Monday, September 19, 2016

One-Layer Simplicity Challenge #31

Good morning and happy Monday!  Today I'm playing along with a challenge I discovered while participating in the Altenew Ultimate Challenge Blog Hop, The One-Layer Simplicity Challenge.  The challenge at the moment is to create a one layer card using the theme back in time.  Here's what I came up with:


I happen to love some of the older 1960's mod apple designs and decided to go that route for this challenge.  I started with some grid paper to make lining things up a little easier.  Next, I grabbed the Lil' Inker Designs Teacher Talk Stamps to stamp my design in shades of pink, red, green, and purple.  I added some lines with a copic multi-liner before stamping the sentiment, also from Teacher Talk Stamps, and making it pop using some glossy accents.

I think it captures to feel of those 1960's fabrics and prints.  What do you think?  I hope you had a good time checking out my card and will go play along with the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge.  See you there!   Here's the stamp set I used:

https://www.lilinkerdesigns.com/teacher-talk-stamps/#_a_clarson

2 comments:

  1. I remember those apples (although, I'm going to say they came from the 70s! lol!) Love the bright colours and fun feeling of this card! So glad you joined us at OLS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love this! Those colors! So Marimekko.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!